Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Working For The Farm

Hayden earned a new toy yesterday. It’s a very special toy, as I found it while searching through my mother’s things in July. My mom always had a stash of new toys to give for presents (more on that in another post), and when I saw this, I knew Hayden would love it. He didn’t get it until 15 minutes before bedtime, because, frankly, I wasn’t just going to give him a new toy for nothing. So he had to work for it. Hayden helped load and unload the washer and dryer, he helped load and start the dishwasher, he went to the grocery store with me, pushing his own little cart, and helped carry those groceries in the house. He helped pick vegetables from the garden, take out the recycles and clean up all of his toys.

Then he got it.

His new favorite toy….for today. The most important thing though, is that he knows Grandma Rose gave it to him.


Publish Post

No comments:

Post a Comment