Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Witnessing Awesome Moments

Two nights ago, while sitting at the dining room table, my brother Jeff texted me and said “On our way to the airport!” Then it really hit me...

My little brother is getting married.

MY LITTLE BROTHER IS GETTING MAAAAARRRIEEED! *squeal*

My heart skipped a beat for what’s about to happen this weekend and tears came to my eyes quicker than than my mind could register why I was suddenly leaking. My life is so busy, I hadnt really connected with it. Until that moment, this event was just a series of words I was telling everyone for the past year.

Words no longer. The wedding is in 3 days.

I woke up the next morning and checked Facebook to see any updates from my soon to be sister-in-law (knowing my brother would not do it) on where in the U.S. they were. You see, it's a destination wedding and we’re all headed to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. They were headed out before anyone else.

When I opened her Facebook page, the picture above is what I saw.


And I cried...and cried and cried.

I feel so proud of my little brother...I cant even imagine what having one of my own children get married will feel like. I am overflowing with joy.

I’m just about a decade into my own marriage and I have learned so much about the depths of love...the highs and the lows. The trials and tribulations...they are for real. But even though I think I know a lot...I still know nothing. I hang onto the words of the the couples ahead of me, those married for 15 years..23 years...and longer.

I’m currently sitting with my husband in Los Angeles International Airport waiting for our flights out of the country. We are vacationing without children for the first time since our honeymoon and headed to celebrate the marriage of my little, but very grown up little brother.

My eyes are still leaking, my heart is bursting at the seams and even though....even though, my mother is not here with us..there is no way she doesn't know about this. I cannot wait to witness this event and to welcome a beautiful young lady into our very, VERY, fun family.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment