Thursday, August 30, 2012

Priority

I’m dating someone.

I just returned from our second date. Yes, it’s the middle of the afternoon, and two of the three were in school while the youngest one was at the neighbors...as I went on this date. Oh..and he kissed me goodbye too.

We went to Ikea...for lunch.

Ok, so I’m dating my husband. We’ve been married for nine years and let’s be honest, shall we. Nine years, seven of which have been filled with 1-3 children and financial ups and downs, stresses, death of loved ones and so much more have left us basically neglecting one another and just trying to survive.

Well, neglect in a marriage can take its toll. So..no more. Hubby and I both agree.

We had a “first” date last week and it was lovely. My daughter helped my husband do his hair and pick out his clothes...and he picked me flowers from the yard. Yes he did.
Vincas, hand ripped just for me.
See..we forget to do these things for each other. I rarely take the time to make myself presentable for him as I would a girlfriend I’m meeting at the mall. He doesnt take the time to always open the car door for me, knowing I adore it, because..well, we just dont have the time.

So, we’re dating...to make sure we take the time to do these small things for each other...and so we can talk about other things than just the kids.

So far so good.

And Ikea was a multi-tasking stop. Lunch...and a book shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment