Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Happy Birthday Mom.

Today she would have been 58 years old.

I’m not going to get all sad and sappy about it, because the last birthday she had was really fun. She laughed a lot, but she always laughed a lot.

She honestly found a lot of things funny, including herself.
She laughed a lot at herself.

She laughed hysterically telling the story of when she ordered some french fries and a fish sandwich at McDonalds and pulled away after paying...neglecting to get her food....forgetting she had even ordered food until 3 miles down the road!

She laughed at that one every time.

On this last birthday of hers, I picked up her cake at Kroger...the first words that came to my mind were “Sweet Rose.” I also went shopping for her at Macy’s and got her a bunch of stuff for fall...sweaters, jeans, tops.
None of which she ever wore. Those kinds of things arent comfortable during chemotherapy. I kind of knew that, but wanted her to feel pretty anyway.
As a matter of fact, I have all of those clothes now...and wear some myself from time to time.

I’m not too sad today...it’s just a sad situation. Birthdays are wonderful days. We celebrate life, right? Well, funerals and death are the same thing. We celebrate life...their life. I’ll be celebrating her life forever.

So, Happy Birthday Sweet Rose!

1 comment:

  1. Jess, I can still hear her wonderful laugh. And her saying my name as only Rose could... "Maaareee!"

    >sigh<
    Mary

    ReplyDelete